A Kiwi kaihanga (craftsman) of kōwaiwai (paintings), A. R. D. Fairburn draws from Aotearoa’s natural beauty when creating contemporary treasures. Fairburn captures the spoils of the Pacific in flat boxes of art, preserving them for treasure-hunters near and far.
“Sea shells,” 1998
- A bold illustration accompanied by sharp lines
- A characteristic and confident piece
- Accessible with familiar subject-matter
- Inviting, comfortable to the eyes and warm on the viewer
- Pacific in its tone; West Coast-sand drawn into an East Coast beach.
Please note that processing time for Museum Collection Prints/Mātātuhi mai i kohinga o Te Papa is 5 to 10 business days.
Reproduction prints are as close as possible to the paper sizes available without compromising the aspect ratios of the original artworks.
Image colours may differ on personal devices compared to the physical print due to screen variations.