Print Te Mana-o-Kupe-ki-Aotearoa (The symbolic presence of Kupe in New Zealand) Mana Island, Wellington; 2002; Hall, Michael
Michael Hall is an NZ photographer well known for climate photography. This photograph is one of a series exploring the sites of the navigator Kupe, the first Polynesian to discover the islands of New Zealand.
- Black and white gelatin silver negative
- Photograph of Mana island wellington
- Represents the looming presence of navigator Kupe
- Mana Island was the first place Kupe was said to have touched
- Symbolises the meeting place of two oceans, the courage Kupe had to cross the ocean to Aotearoa
Please note that the turnaround time for Museum Collection Prints/Mātātuhi mai i kohinga o Te Papa is 5 to 10 business days