Earrings of the Revived Huia Feather
The extinct Huia bird sadly silenced before our generation could hear their song. Revived in a pair of earrings to remind us that our birds in Aotearoa are precious and sacred like our culture.
- A feather of a huia was given as a token of friendship and respect and worn by high ranking chiefs and family.
- The most sacred bird of all of Tane's children, graceful, socially quiet that bonded in pairs for life.
- Poutama Porourangi tukutuku design on the huia feather represents the search for knowledge and was a pattern introduced by Tania's ancestor Sir Apirana Ngata representing their famous ancestor Porourangi of Ngati Porou.
- Panel shaped like tukutuku panels that adorn the walls of our wharenui 50 mm (H) x 10 mm (W) x 3 mm (D)
- Handcrafted 3-dimensional resin art on sterling silver hooks.